Sehon Goodridge Theological Society is an inter-denominational organisation that seeks to promote theological study and research for following purposes:
- To relate theological enquiry to current problems
- Foster more effective theological education
- Provide a forum for an exchange of views among theologians and lay people and with scholars in other disciplines
- Assist in the development of persons entrusted with a teaching ministry in the Church
- To develop in the Christian people a more mature understanding of their faith
- Promote Interfaith dialogue through the cooperative, constructive interaction between people of different religious tradition and/or spiritual or humanistic beliefs, at both the individual and institutional levels.
- Foster unity among all people through a better appreciation of the role of religious faith in the life of human beings and the society.
As an ecumenical community, the Society does not promote any particular school of thought, but are open to the whole range of theological opinions and seek to promote knowledge, understanding and debate. The Society is named in honour of the late Bishop Sehon Goodridge, former Bishop of the Windward Islands and Principal of Codrington College. The society has been registered as a Non Profit with the Trinidad and Tobago Government.